The Steering Committee of the MenACE project, representing prison administrations from Portugal, Belgium, Norway, and Romania met at the São João de Deus Prison Hospital on the 20th and 21st September 2017.
MenACE Mental Health, Aging and Palliative Care in Prisons aims to increase the response to mental health disorders within prisons and the quality of palliative and life care services provided by enhancing the competencies of management and frontline staff to address prisoners’ mental health needs and the special needs of older prisoners.
The MenACE project is developed by the following consortium members:
– Administratia Nationala a Penitenciarelor, Romania
– BSAFE LAB (Beira Interior University), Portugal
– De Federale Overheidsdienst Justitie – Le Service Public Federal Justice, Belgium
– Direção-Geral de Reinserção Social e Serviços Prisionais, Portugal
– EuroPris – European Organisation of Prison and Correctional Services (Netherlands and Belgium)
– Helse Bergen Haukeland University Hospital, Norway
– Hospice Casa Sperantei, Romania
– IPS_Innovative Prison Systems (Qualify Just – IT solutions and Consulting), Portugal
For further information, please visit www.menace-project.org