UBI, the University of Beira Interior in cooperation of IPS_Innovative Prison Systems has launched the BSAFE LAB (Law enforcement, Justice and Public Safety Research and Technology Transfer Laboratory).
The BSAFE LAB is an interdisciplinary competence centre/laboratory aiming to foster and develop new research and technology transfer in the fields of law enforcement, justice and public safety in scientific areas ranging from arts & humanities, including law, history and philosophy, biological & medical sciences, physical sciences & engineering, social & behavioral sciences & education.
Its main objectives consist of fostering the advancement of knowledge and the reinforcement of SME competitiveness in the fields of law enforcement, justice and public safety through:
- the development of new research projects (involving public organisations, private sector and government agencies);
- the technical supervision of master’s and PhD thesis;
- the implementation of innovation demonstration actions (pilots) involving SME’s and public sector agencies;
- the establishment of partnerships with research and government institutions worldwide;
- providing technical assistance to third parties (companies and government agencies).
Prof. Nuno Garcia will coordinate the Executive Committee of the BSAFE LAB on behalf of the Beira Interior University.
For further info about cooperation with the BSAFE LAB, please contact email@example.com