Qualify Just/IPS is a partner of “EIS-ALP: European Induction Support for Adult Learning Professionals to the Correctional Criminal Justice System“, a project funded by the European Commission.
EIS ALP project is set from the principle of finding out what it is that a prison educator has to do that is different or over and above what teachers in other areas of lifelong learning sectors have to do. It is clear that the challenges of an “outside” adult learning professional coming to work in the correctional criminal justice system are high. The learning environment is unique and challenging.
Project aims and objectives are, therefore:
AIM 1: Improving the content and delivery of adult education in prison settings through:
– The development of innovative European induction tool for the initial and further training of adult educators teaching in prison.
– The development of Grundtvig training courses to improve the availability and quality of European training courses available to adult education teachers interested in prison education.
OBJECTIVE 1.1: Develop a European key competency profile for adult learning professionals working in correctional criminal justice system, based on:
a) Key competences for adult learning professionals: contribution to the development of a reference framework of key competences for adult learning professionals
b) National researches in partner countries conducted on relevant stakeholders
c) European analysis of available materials on topic developed in other LLP initiatives.
OBJECTIVE 1.2: Develop modular, tailor-made induction support for adult learning professionals working in correctional criminal justice system, based on the previously developed European key competency profile, consisting of:
a) Interactive web-based platform acting as a tool for assessing already acquired competencies and for guiding in further development plans
b) Modular training for preparing adult learning professionals in tackling the challenges described in D.1, training developed under the standards and formats on Grundtvig training courses and listed as such. (Initial Teacher Education)
c) Key competency indexed virtual library with materials made available by partners and from other LLP initiatives. (Continuous Professional Development)
AIM 2: Improving the management of adult education professionals through measures to develop the learning dimension of the correctional criminal justice system in the partner countries.
OBJECTIVE 2.1: Mainstream the induction support and its components in correctional criminal justice system, at educational department and staff management level by:
a) Promote the European key competency profile for the adult learning professionals working in correctional criminal justice system as a solid foundation for the professionalization of prison teaching
b) Including a management functionality in the induction support tool for evaluation and follow-up
c) Adjust the modular training so it can be used by the educational departments of prisons as first day’s introductory training for new teachers.
The project will moreover aim to develop, monitor and report on its aspects of sustainable development (whose operational deployment represents a transversal objective of the project), developing a special quality and societal management system encompassing social, environmental, economic and governance key-indicators so that it can offer a EU model not only through its results, but also through its responsible management strategy.
Project transnational partners include:
- CPIP – Centrul Pentru Promovarea Invatarii Permanente, Romania
- CFSO – Penitenciarul Arad – Centrul De Formare A Ofiterilor, Romania
- REPER21 – European Network for the Promotion of a Responsible Economy, Romania
- EPEA – European Prison Education Association, Malta
- CCF – Corradino Correctional Facility, Malta
- Qualify Just – IT Solutions and Consulting (IPS_Innovative Prison Systems), Portugal
- ANJAF – Associação Nacional para a Acção Familiar, Portugal
- PRO-ECO svetovanje in storitve na področju upravljanja z okolj, Slovenia
- CIK Trebnje – Center za izobraževanje in kulturo Trebnje, Slovenia
- USER VOICE, United Kingdom
- LIFE – Learning Initiatives for Employment CIC, United Kingdom
If you would like to know more the about the EIS-ALP project, send us an e-mail to email@example.com